Does CYT have “The X Factor”?
This afternoon our office received a phone call from Simon Cowell’s Associate Producer, Maggie Brockmann, who asked us to spread the word about “The X Factor” audition process. Contestants have the chance to win a $5 Million dollar recording contract with Sony Music!!
According to Maggie,
I know [CYT] has TONS of talented kids and even adults, who have been waiting for an opportunity such as this! In my experience a recommendation by a friend, co-worker, student, or family member to audition is where real undiscovered talent comes from. Remember, we’re looking not only for solo singers, but groups and all ages over 12! Best Wishes!”
Here is what “The X Factor” is looking for:
- Solo singers, girl groups, duos, boy bands or vocal groups. Maybe you and your friends have always wanted to form a group? Now is your time!
- The competition is open to everyone that is 12 years old (as of March 1, 2011) and above, with no age cap.
- Any type of music works – pop, rock, rap, country, R&B, alternative, hip-hop… you name it!
“The X Factor” will be going to six cities, including:
- Los Angeles: Sunday March 27th – L.A Sports Arena (Registration – March 26th)
- Miami: Thursday April 7th – Bank United Center (Registration – April 6th)
- NYC / New Jersey: Thursday April 14th – The Prudential Center (Registration – April 13th)
- Seattle: Wednesday April 20th – Key Arena (Registration – April 19th)
- Chicago: Wednesday April 27th – Sears Centre (Registration – April 26th)
- Dallas: TBA – TBA (Registration TBA)
Read more about “The X Factor” Audition Process, including Registration and Eligibility, here.