*PLEASE NOTE, curriculum materials will be released to area coordinators, managing directors, and/or artistic directors ONLY. Curriculum materials will not be released to teachers directly. ACs, MDs, & ADs, please make requests for curriculum materials on behalf of your teachers. Thank you.
Please see the CYT CLASS ADMIN LINK for more tools & resources.
ABOUT CYT CLASSES:
CYT offers a wide variety of after-school theater arts classes for ages 4-18. Every session (fall, winter, and spring) students are offered a variety of theater arts classes. CYT Classes are a great way for students to gain valuable theater arts training, develop confidence, and make friends! We currently have curriculum materials available in the following areas: audition, comedy/improv, dance, drama, film & media, leadership, mommy & me, musical theater, Our Gang, specialty classes, technical theater, voice, & Wiggles (pre-school). Links for all of these areas are located in the black bar at the top of this page.
OVERARCHING OBJECTIVES OF ALL CYT CLASSES:
- Gain valuable theater arts training
- Build self confidence and self worth
- Make friends that will last a lifetime
CYT CLASS BASICS:
- Each class lasts for two hours and meets once a week, for 10 consecutive weeks, totaling 20 hours of total instruction time per session.
- There will be a 10 minute break each week for all the students. They may bring something each week or there will be snacks available for purchase.
- On the first day of classes, students & their parents will first meet as a large group in order to introduce the teachers for that session. Following this meeting, students will be dismissed to go off with their teachers to their respective classrooms. All other weeks, students should go directly to their respective classrooms.
- On the final day of classes, all students will display what they have learned by participating in a high-energy area SHOWCASE performance! This performance is open to all friends and family.
- Note to Parents: Once your child has arrived at CYT, he or she may not leave the grounds until you have picked them up after class. Please make sure you are prompt in picking them up and dropping them off.
CLASS RULES & ADMINISTRATION:
- Not all classes will be offered in all locations.
- Exact class objectives or class content may vary slightly by area and teacher.
- CYT reserves the right to adapt descriptions or class objectives as needed.
- You must be enrolled in a CYT class in order to be eligible to audition for a CYT show production. Additionally, CYT students who are cast in a show are required to attend their CYT class and perform in Showcase on the last day of class.
- CYT is a privilege and only good behavior is allowed. Students and their families are expected to demonstrate respect for teachers, staff, and parent volunteers.
- Honoring language will be used. No name-calling or profanity is allowed.
- CYT expects students to be respectful of others’ property and therefore, any damage done to property intentionally will be replaced or repaired by the student and/or their family.
- CYT expects purity of self in relationships with others and one’s own body; therefore, drugs, alcohol, or smoking are strictly prohibited. Overt physical contact of students is not appropriate at CYT activities.
- CYT students are expected to dress appropriately and modestly.
- CYT wants all students to do their best and believe that the Lord will do good work in their lives.
- Students MUST have a current MEDICAL/PHOTO RELEASE form to attend their CYT class.
- Each classroom/meeting place should be large enough for students in a particular class to move around freely. The space should allow for students to work cooperatively in pairs, in small groups, and as one large group to practice skills and rehearse their showcase performance.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY CYT PRODUCES SO MANY FAIRY TALES?