Tell-tale signs that you are indeed a theatre kid (and proud of it).
1. There is a pair of character shoes in your closet.
And by a pair I mean one black, one nude.
2. You have an indescribable friendship with your fellow actors.
Sorry, parents. Actors are your people.
3. You have no shame wearing curlers to school.
False eyelashes are fun too.
4. No words bring you such excitement and joy as, “Happy Opening!”
Except maybe, “You don’t have to go to school tomorrow because you have a school day performance.”
5. You don’t care when people stare at you when you talk to yourself.
You’re practicing your lines, thank you very much.
6. You were taking dramatic selfies way before it was cool.
If only you had been the one to invent Instagram.
7. You sing everywhere you go.
Not limited to showtunes, but those will always have a special place in your heart.
8. You know that tea and honey is extremely important for your vocal chords.
Rallying vocal rest, of course.
9. Your preferred clothing are your cast T-shirts.
They really never go out of style.
10. You strongly feel there is no injustice quite like an unflattering costume.
Why the shoulder pads? Why?
Christian Youth Theater (CYT) is an after-school theater arts training program for students ages 4 – 18. CYT is dedicated to developing character in children and adults through training in the arts and by producing wholesome family entertainment, all of which reflect Judeo-Christian values.